Futuremark ha rilasciato un aggiornamento importante a 3DMark 11 giunto adesso alla versione 1.0.4 ora pienamente compatibile con il nuovo sistema nato in casa Microsoft, Win 8.
3DMark 11 è uno strumento per testare le schede video di nuova generazione basate sulle nuovissime librerie DirectX 11.
- Keyboard focus is no longer checked during the demo or when running the benchmark in a loop. Note that if the display switches to the desktop due to a popup window during the benchmark, the run will still be aborted as the display mode is no longer the same.
- 3DMark 11 now remembers the last custom resolution used.
- GPU count detection for multi-GPU systems is now correct even when SystemInfo is explicitly disabled.
- 3DMark 11 will now prevent Windows from entering Sleep during the test.
- The license key is now reset when the benchmark is reinstalled, allowing removal of invalid keys.
- SystemInfo updated to version 4.15 for full Windows 8 compatibility.
- Updated DirectX redistributable.
- Now using static Visual C++ 2010 runtime libraries to fix rare installation issues on some systems.
- Removed dependency on EvaDotNet.dll and EvaDotNet.DirectX.dll for GPU enumeration to fix compatibility issues with some systems.
- Fixed display initialization code that caused "SetFullscreenState failed: DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE" errors on some systems.
- Fixed several memory and texture leaks, improving stability during very long looping runs.
- The HUD timer no longer rolls over if a single test takes more than ten minutes. (Yes, this could happen during the Combined Test on some low end DirectX 11 cards.)
Professional Edition Only:
- Fixed submitting saved files to 3dmark.com from the command line.
- Image Quality Tool no longer gives a cryptic error if the output directory does not exist.
- DirectX 11, a DirectX 11 compatible video card,
- Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Processor: 1.8GHz dual-core Intel or AMD CPU
- Memory: 1 GB of system memory
- Graphics: DirectX 11 compatible graphics card
- Hard drive: 1.5 GB free space
- Audio: Windows Vista / Windows 7 compatible sound card